Scholarships and Concessions at Senior College :
Various Scholarships offered and eligibility required:
- National Merit Scholarship:Minimum 50% marks at Annual Examination. Scholarship up to graduation.
- Open Merit State Government scholarship: As per Merit
- State Government Merit Scholarship for rural students: As per Merit.
- Primary and Secondary Teachers’ wards Merit Scholarship: As per merit.
- Hindi Scholarship : For students having mother tongue other than Hindi and have passed in Hindi as a subject in the previous year examination.
- Scholarship for Physically Handicapped: Certificate of Handicap issued by the civil surgeon.
- Merit Scholarship in Mathematics and Physics:Minimum 60% marks in Mathematics and Physics
- Scholarship on Merit and Income: Merit + Income of parents
- Central Government Scholarship for SC/ST/NT students: Students belonging to Government notified SC/ST /NT categories.
- Rajashri Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj Scholarship: SC, NT and OBC students securing 75% marks or more are eligible for this scholarship.
- Other Backward Class (OBC) scholarship: OBC students having OBC caste certificate from competent authority and income of parents less than Rs. 65000/- are eligible for this scholarship.
- Minority Scholarship Scheme Post - (Matric Scholarship) as per Government of Maharashtra GR (542/07) the Scholarship is applicable for minority communities such as Muslim, Parsi, Sikh & Christian students. The students who are economically backward from these communities are entitled to get free education from 11th Std. to Ph.D., provided they have obtained 50% of marks in the examination attended previously.
- Savitribai Phule Financial Assistance Scheme: The economically backward girl students of the college, have been facilitated by Savitribai Phule Financial Assistance.
Note : If a student getting scholarship fails in the examination, she/he is not eligible for the scholarship twice (while studying in the same class). Students eligible for the scholarship should collect application forms from the college office at the time of admission. The duly completed scholarship forms, accompanied with necessary authentic documents must be submitted before given due date and the receipt of the same obtained from the college office should be preserved. No complaints, inquiries regarding the scholarship and fee concession will be entertained after 31 st March. For any difficulty contact the appropriate college authority or University of Pune.
- Concession in fees for the wards of freedom fighters.
- E.B.C. concession: This concession is given to students whose parents’ income is less than Rs. 15000/- in previous year. The prescribed forms are available in the college office. Students desirous to apply for this concession should collect, forms from the college office and should submit it before 15th July. Following documents must be attached along with the EBC concession form.:-
Income certificate for the students from:
- Rural areas: Income certificate should be attested by the member of Zilla Parishad or Panchayat Samiti.
- Urban areas (population more than ‘10’,000.): ‘The income certificate must be attested by either Executive Magistrate or Tehsildar or Corporator of the Municipal Corporation.
- Concession in fees for the wards of Secondary Teachers /Primary Teachers. This fee concession is given to the students whose parents are secondary teachers/Primary teachers (with SSC, D. Ed or STC). Application in prescribed proforma should be submitted to the college before 15 th July.
- Concession in tuition fees for M G V’s employees’ ward
- Concession in tuition fees as per the directions given by the government.
- Students who fulfill this necessary criterion, (both educational and economic) are given concessions in fees. It is the responsibility of the students to fill necessary forms within due dates, to secure acknowledgment and to preserve it during the academic year.